A Percussion Fusil by Parker of London. With round barrel retaining traces of original brown, fitted with bayonet lug below, signed ‘W.Parker, Maker To His Majesty, Holborn, London’ along the top flat and decorated with a band of foliage at the breech, foliate engraved breech plug and foliate engraved tang, profusely engraved back-action lock fitted with a sliding safety catch and signed ‘W. Parker’, replacement cock with old repair to spur, full-stocked in walnut, cut with a band of chequering at the wrist and grip, with steel butt-cap, trigger guard, decorated with scrolling foliage with spliced urn finial, turned ramrod pipes with original steel ramrod.
William Gunmaker (Successor of Field & Parker). 233 High Holborn, 1793-1841; 10 Chamber Street, 1839-41. Workshop & Stores at 22 Chamber Street., 1806; 52 & 31/2 Chamber St., 1808; Glasshouse Yard & Chamber Street. Gunmakers to Duke of Kent, Prince Edward & William IV (trade labels). Contractor to Ordnance, 1804-38; East India Co., 1805-41; Hudson Bay Co., 1837-41. Supplied Arms to London Police Officers from 1803, Metropolitan Police from 1829. Died aged 68. Succeeded by Parker, Field & Sons.
Howard L. Blackmore (1986) Gunmakers Of London, 1350-1850. George Shumway Publisher. USA.