A 1796 Volunteer Heavy Cavalry Pistol, ex. Brooker Collection. With round barrel stamped with Tower private proof marks, plain tang, border engraved lock stamped ‘WARRANTED’ full stocked in walnut with regulation brass furniture comprising side-plate, trigger guard and ramrod pipes.
The bow of the trigger guard is stamped ‘P H*C 7’ and could well be for a Heavy Cavalry unit or maybe even an English or Canadian Police unit, as yet these markings have not been definitely identified.
From the Robert Brooker Collection’ see page 163 from ‘British Military Pistols’ (2016) for details of this exact pistol.