A fine and rare George IV 0.66" New Land Pattern flintlock holster pistol by Woolley, Sargant & Fairfax of Birmingham, 15¼" overall, 8¾" rebrowned barrel, balustre-moulded at the breech, with Birmingham view and proof marks, signed, double border line engraved, slightly rounded, bevelled lock stamped "Warranted” on the tail, flat sided, double border line engraved, rounded, ring neck cock, teardrop finial to the feather spring. Walnut full stock, carved around the rear of the lockplate and sideplate, and stamped with two, indistinct, inspector's marks on the right side of the butt, barrel slide. Regulation brass mounts, with tanged ramrod throat pipe, and swivel ramrod. Very good working order and condition. Circa 1829-1830.
Note: Woolley, Sargant & Fairfax were only in partnership from 1829 to 1830, trading from 74 Edmund Street, Birmingham.